Oxford United Soccer Camp offers an intensive soccer program or a combination of soccer and English classes for boys and girls ages 9-17 during the months of July and August.
Table of contents
Are you interested in this program?
Download some information about this program and read it at anytime.
- Location: Oxford
- Ages and genders: Boys and girls, ages 9-17 years old
- Levels: Intermediate - Advanced
The Oxford United Soccer Camp offers a training program guided by coaches from this English club´s academy. There are two program options, an intensive program and a training program combined with English classes. The academy´s coaches have created a training regimen that will maximize learning, as well as make each athlete feel like a professional as they perform a daily routine similar to the club´s youth squad.
The camp takes place just 10 minutes from the center of Oxford and is aimed at boys and girls ages 9 - 17 years old with levels ranging from intermediate to advanced.
There are two accommodation options in which participants are grouped by age (9-13 or 14-17). Both campuses have a full range of facilities including residence, dining room, sports facilities and classrooms for language lessons.
The camp also dedicates a part of the program to leisure activities in order to promote cultural exchange and to have fun, including one or several excursions (depending on the length of the program chosen) as well as entertainment activities at the residence.
Intensive Soccer Summer Camp (9-17 years old)
The Intensive soccer camp is for boys and girls from 9 to 17 years old who want to learn and improve their skills. The training is quite intensive and demanding. It's suitable for intermediate or advanced levels, and it's possible to choose between a program of 1 or 2 weeks in duration.
Soccer + English Summer Camp (9-17 years old)
The Soccer + English camp is for boys and girls from 9 to 17 years old who want to improve their soccer skills but also dedicate a portion of their day to language study. It's suitable for intermediate or advanced levels, and it's possible to choose between a program of 1 or 2 weeks in duration.
Do you have any questions? Ask Ertheo.
Academy / Club history
Oxford United is a team with hundreds of years of history, and it's the most important club in the city. It was founded in 1893, with the name of Headington United. The club currently plays in the third division of English soccer, the EFL League One.
Its soccer camp aims to recreate the day-to-day life of an Oxford United professional footballer, transmitting its team values and training under the direction of their academy coaches, who are responsible for training the club's junior squads.
- Skill level: Intermediate, advanced
- Other soccer education features: strategy classes, expert talks, nutrition courses, leadership, sports science, mindfulness and psychology
- Participants per training group: 16
- Training language: English
- Training intensity: 2.5/5 (Soccer + English); 4/5 (Intensive)
The Oxford United camp has designed an integrated training program that includes one or more daily field work sessions to improve overall skills and technique. In addition, leadership, mindfulness, psychology, nutrition and strategy classes are also held.
This program is full of activities so that the participants can have a 360º professional soccer experience and discover what the real daily training is like for a pro player. This experience will help guide participants in becoming an athlete with values and a strong commitment to achieving all their goals.
- Training grounds: Soccer fields at residence / Official training facilities of Oxford United
- Quality: 3/5
Participants train at the residence's sports facilities. They play on natural and artificial grass fields and have access to the swimming pool and a sports hall for training.
- Licenses: UEFA B or higher
- Coaching experience: Years of experience coaching professional players
- Playing experience: Some coaches have been professional players
- Languages: English
All coaches at the camp are from the Oxford United Club and have a UEFA B license or higher. They have years of experience working with professional players, and some have even been professional footballers themselves.
During the season they work on training the club´s junior players, and they know how to bring out the best in each athlete. They place emphasis on transmitting healthy sports values by teaching young people to be intelligent and hardworking both in soccer and in life.
- Native teachers: Yes
- Hours per week: 15
- Quality of the classes: 4/5
Participants who choose the program with English classes will receive 15 hours of lessons per week. The classes are focused around the “Football Journey,” and the teachers are native speakers coming from an official Oxford language school accredited by the British Council.
The classes are taught 100% in English, therefore it's recommended that participants have at least an intermediate level of English in order to understand the basic concepts, both in training and in language class.
*This schedule is indicative and subject to changes.
Typical camp schedule
- 08:00 AM Breakfast
- 08:45 AM Team talk to discuss the day's activities
- 09:00 AM English lessons / Training
- 10:30 AM Training
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 13:00 PM English lessons / Training
- 15:00 PM Training
- 17:00 PM Dinner
- 19:30 PM Entertainment activities
- On weekends there are scheduled excursions.
- The one-week program includes a tour of the Oxford United stadium.
- The two-week program includes another excursion during the weekend which may be a visit to London and a stadium tour of one of the city´s main Premier League teams (Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea).
Do you have any questions? Ask Ertheo.
- Name of the facilities: Summer Fields School (boys and girls ages 9-13 years old)
- Name of the facilities (2): Oxford Brookes University (boys and girls ages 14-17 years old)
- Location (distance from training facilities): On same campus as sports facilities
- Types of rooms: Double or quadruple rooms (ages 9-13), Individual rooms (ages 14-17)
- Bathrooms (private or shared): Shared bathrooms up to 5 participants (ages 9-13), Private bathrooms (ages 14-17)
- Quality: 3/5
This camp divides participants into two groups, with 9-13 year olds staying at the Summer Fields School, and 14-17 year olds staying at Oxford Brookes University.
Both campuses have a residential building, dining hall, soccer fields, classrooms, etc. that allow participants to perform daily camp activities without having to leave the facilities.
The younger group (9-13 year olds) has modern and colorful shared rooms, each with a capacity for 2, 3, or 4 students. The bathrooms are shared by 5 students. On the other hand, the older group (14-17 year olds) has single rooms with private bathrooms, which are somewhat older and more plain than the younger group´s accommodations.
Both campuses are large and have great common areas for training, classes and entertainment.
*It's possible that one day a week participants will go to the club's official facilities to carry out various activities, but this information is still to be confirmed.
Participants have a full board included in the cost of the program and have all meals in the campus dining room (breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.) There are special menus that can be chosen if notified in advance including gluten-free, lactose-free, halal menu, vegetarian or vegan menu.
This camp takes place on two campuses close to the center of Oxford, a quiet and safe city famous for having one of the world's most reputable universities, as well as for its vibrant university atmosphere.
Participants spend most of the day on campus. There they sleep, eat, train, and also engage in leisure activities.
They only leave campus to go to Oxford United's sports facilities or for the excursions included in the program, such as a trip to Oxford University and a tour of Oxford United's stadium.
Participants are accompanied by monitors who supervise them 24 hours a day, both inside and outside the residence. Each monitor is responsible for supervising a group of 16 participants.
Prices and Dates
|Duration (Weeks)||Oxford United|
|Soccer + English (9 - 17 years old)||Intensive Soccer (9 - 17 years old)|
|1 Week||1. 429 €||1. 429 €|
|2 Weeks||2.489 €||2.489 €|
These courses are subject to a registration fee of 150 €
Prices are shown in Euros. Do you wish to see them in Dollars?
The official rate of this camp is determined in POUNDS, so the final amount in EUROS may vary slightly due to the fluctuation of both currencies.
Oxford United football camp – 1 week Soccer + English Summer Camp
BOYS 9 - 13 years old
GIRLS 9 - 13 years old
Oxford United football camp – 1 or 2 weeks Soccer + English Summer Camp
BOYS 14 - 17 years old
GIRLS 14 - 17 years old
Oxford United football camp – 1 or 2 weeks Intensive Soccer Summer Camp
BOYS 9 - 13 years old
BOYS 14 - 17 years old
GIRLS 9 - 17 years old
You can purchase one of the extra services below at an additional cost.
- Secure Booking Insurance: we offer secure booking insurance which allows you to recover the cost of your reservation if you have to cancel the camp, before its start, for any cause (including border closure, quarantine, or any situation outside of camp)
- Cancellation and Interruption Insurance: cancellation and interruption insurance allows you to recover your payment if you cancel or interrupt the camp for a justified cause (including illness from COVID-19 and 35 other causes)
- Travel/Medical Insurance: with this insurance policy, you´ll be covered for medical assistance abroad and possible expenses caused by situations resulting from COVID-19, such as needing to extend your stay up to 40 days, as well as other general situations such as loss of luggage, unforeseen ticket changes, etc.
Download the following PDF for more information about anti-covid coverage, the general terms & conditions, and prices of each insurance policy.Anti-Covid Insurance
There are two types of transfer services available that we´ll detail for you below:
- Standard transfer service: the camp offers an optional transfer service for participants who request it from the nearest airport to the residence (or vice versa). Check with Ertheo for schedules and prices for this service.
- Special transfer with additional unaccompanied minor service: participants who fly to camp alone and have contracted the unaccompanied minor service with their airline must hire this special transfer with accompaniment so that the child isn´t left alone in the airport. Check with Ertheo for schedules and prices of this service.
Anti-Covid Insurance - New for 2021!
We have different insurance options with special anti-covid coverage, so you can insure your camp reservation according to your needs:
Contact Ertheo for prices and additional information.
- Nearest airport / train station:
- Airport of Heathrow
- Airport of Gatwick
- Airport of Stansted
- Estation of St. Pancras
Transportation to the camp (flights/trains) is not included in the price of our programs.
Advice from Ertheo
The Oxford United camp is located in one of the best cities in England, and it's a program with a great value. It offers the possibility to choose between an intensive program for players who want to train many hours a day, or a language program for those who also want to spend part of the day improving their English with classes guided by a professional language school in Oxford.
This camp is for you if
- If you´re looking for a quality program in England at a competitive price.
- If you don't place so much importance on the name of the soccer club behind the camp.
- If you´re looking for a safe and well-connected area like Oxford.
- If you´re looking for a camp in England to improve your English and soccer skills.
This camp is NOT for you if
- If you´re looking for a program for high performance players.
- If you want the organizing club to be an English first division team.
- If you´re looking for a premium quality sports facility or accommodation.