Without a doubt, it can be said that the IMG Academy Golf Camp has one of the best programs in the world dedicated to this sport. This camp provides boys and girls with a first-person view of the world of professional sports, immersing them in high-performance golf.
- Training: 15 h/week
- Language Classes: English
- Required Age: 8-18 years
- Lodging: Cuadruple
Without a doubt it can be said that the IMG Academy Golf Camp has one of the best programs in the world dedicated to this sport.
And is because there is no other golf camp that has generated more college scholarships, that has achieved more junior tournaments or that has produced a greater number of professional players.
Its superb facilities located in Florida, its high level professionals and a heavenly setting are not the only things that it can offer. This camp provides boys and girls a vision in the first person of the world of professional sport, plunging them into high-performance golf. In addition, its internationality attracts athletes from all over the world creating a multicultural environment where not only the sports side but also the human side prevail.
Its different modalities are adjusted to all ages, schedules and sports levels, and offers academic programs that not only work on the kids’ sports side but also improve their language level by practicing English.
IMG Academy Golf Camp in Florida
The IMG Academy Golf Camp in Florida. Impressive sports and accommodation facilities, programs available the rest of the year, demanding physical preparation program.
- Training location: IMG fields
- Hours of training per week: 15 h/week
- Academic options: ESL + GOLF and TOEFL + GOLF
- Levels of training offered by the camp: Advanced, Intermediate, Beginner
- Number of children per group: 4-7
- Training surface: Natural grass
At the IMG golf camp the trainings follow a program of stages, where the sports training is mixed with the fun, creating a relaxed atmosphere that will make this camp an unforgettable experience.
Although different camp modalities exist, all the programs include a basic golf training that seeks to improve both the physical and mental aspect of the player. To achieve this, the more sports-related part of this sport will be worked upon, improving the technique and tactics of each child, a physical and mental conditioning will be performed, videos of performances of professional golfers will be analyzed and they will participate in weekly competitions. In addition, this camp features the modern V1 Pro Video system, a software that allows you to analyze the technique and game style of the student in order to correct possible errors in execution.
And as if this were not enough, this academy allows students choose the "Total Athlete" training option, in which, in addition to working all aspects of the basic training, participants will receive one extra daily hour of very important disciplines in the life of an athlete as nutrition, mental endurance, speed, visual acuity or leadership.
But the camps at IMG are not only sport, the participants have group evening activities and weekly excursions to tourist and interesting sights scheduled, which is sure to make this campus a complete and fun vacation.
The golf trainings at the IMG academy are led by coaches with a wealth of experience and with great communication skills, who not only get to improve the game style of the kids, but also get to teach them how to deal with any sports and personal situation. In addition, the template of IMG has sports development specialists and staff who will accompany the kids during their camp experience, helping them at all times with any questions or problems.
- Number of children per group: 10
- Group Division: Levels
- Academic options: ESL + GOLF and TOEFL + GOLF
The IMG academy offers, in addition to the sports training, the possibility of improving the English level of its participants.
In the 3 and 5 week camp modalities, there is the possibility to choose between two different academic options:
- ESL+GOLF: aimed at participants from 8 to 18 years who wish to improve both in sports as well as gain confidence and fluency in the daily use of English. Each day the students will participate in the golf training and then will receive English classes, with fun activities geared towards increasing the daily vocabulary related to the world of sport, relationships, health, food and travel.
- TOEFL+GOLF: this option is designed for students between 15 and 18 years who want to play golf during their vacation and at the same time improve their English level in order to pass the TOEFL exam. This level certificate allows the kids whose mother tongue is not English access to American universities, in addition it also has validity as a level test for the majority of companies in the world. Each day the students will train and develop their sports technique and afterwards they will receive English classes, will take preparation exams and will test their knowledge examples of TOEFL tests from previous years.
The IMG golf camp is characterized for being an intensive and high performance golf camp. It devotes a large part of the day to physical as well as mental or technical training. Below you can see an example of the schedule that a child would have during a typical day at this camp. It is for illustrative purposes only since the activities and hours can change.
In the event that you choose the Golf + English modality, the kids will devote half the day to sport and the other half to language classes from Monday to Friday.
Once the entertainment time is over, many other activities are organized at the camp so that the kids can continue to have fun.. They can also relax at the game or break rooms available at the camp.
During the weekend any type of excursion outside the camp can be made so that the kids can break from the routine.
- Accommodation type: Residence
- Room type: Cuadruple
- Bathroom type: Private
- The number of children per monitor: 1/10
The residence in which the kids will be staying at during the summer camp will consist of 250 rooms spread over 5 floors. Each room has capacity for 4 students and all rooms have en suite bathroom, internet connection, working desk, closet and bunk-style beds. In addition, the residence has a common area, a game room, a small supermarket, a study room, washers and dryers zone on each floor and cleaning service. In addition, the camp includes full room and board, with a menu designed specifically for athletes filled with all kinds of fresh food served buffet-style.
All the team members at the IMG academy have passed rigorous tests that certify their capabilities and qualities to successfully carry out programs of this type, so the students will feel covered at all times by a team of professionals at their service.
The IMG Academy is camp located in Bradenton, in the Florida Gulf Coast.
Both the training place as well as that of the English classes and the lodging is located in the same complex. It is a big resort with sporting facilities of excellent quality, similar to a university campus.
Its exact address is: 34th St WBradenton, FL 34210, USA.
The closest airports to the IMG camp are the Saratosa-Bradenton (SRQ), only 15 minutes from the camp and the Tampa (TPA) at about an hour distance, approximately.
Prices and Dates
Improved booking conditions for all camps
This 2024 make your reservation more easily and with less risk
- We´ve lowered the deposit required to reserve your camp to just 500€
- Free cancellation until March 1st
- Money-back guarantee within 10 days
- Optional insurances
*Please note that if a visa is required to attend camp, it will be necessary to pay the total amount of the program
You can purchase one of the extra services below at an additional cost.
- Cancellation and Interruption Insurance: This option allows you to get your money back if you have to cancel or interrupt the camp for any justified reason, including injury or illness of participants both before and during the camp (the policy contains 35 different causes for justified cancellations).
- Travel/Medical Insurance: With this insurance policy, you will be covered for medical assistance abroad and possible expenses caused by health-related issues, as well as other contingencies such as lost luggage or an unforeseen flight change.
Download the following PDF to learn more about each insurance options terms and conditions, coverage features, and price.Camp Insurance
There are two types of transfer services available that we´ll detail for you below:
- Standard transfer service: the camp offers an optional transfer service for participants who request it from the nearest airport to the residence (or vice versa). Check with Ertheo for schedules and prices for this service.
- Special transfer with additional unaccompanied minor service: participants who fly to camp alone and have contracted the unaccompanied minor service with their airline must hire this special transfer with accompaniment so that the child isn´t left alone in the airport. Check with Ertheo for schedules and prices of this service.
We offer two insurance options based on your needs:
Contact Ertheo for prices and additional information.
Transportation to the camp (flights/trains) is not included in the price of our programs.