The GGGA golf camp, located in Florida, offers a fantastic training program that covers all game areas and adapts perfectly to the needs and goals of each student. Through a preliminary examination, the skills and expertise of the players are verified to give them a customized program.
Gary Gilchirst is the academy's technical director
Personalised coaching programme
Programmes available all year round
Participants need to travel to training every day
The GGGA camp has an excellent custom training program. This training consists of 3 phases: technical, mental and physical training. 7 hours a day devoted to these three basic elements to improve the skills of the students.
Before beginning, on the first day of training a recording of each individual student is performed in order to study their movements and assign to each of them the short game and putting exercises.
The kids train in groups of 6 or 8 students, spend time working individually with the coach but also compete with other players in the group.
- Technical Training: with the help of a professional coach they will learn all the techniques, movements in all the game areas to improve the skills and development of the game.
- Physical Training: the technique is as important as the control of the body. That is why at this camp you will do physical exercise to improve your swing, prevent injuries, win balance, stability and mobility as well as gain flexibility, strength and rotational power.
- Mental Training: an excellent player not only dominates the technique and is prepared physically, but also needs a mental training. Learn about your strengths, have game and ultimately develop the mentality of a champion. A good mental preparation is what separates the good players from the best. Not only is there mental level training at the course but also exercises are performed in the classroom.
GGGA Agenda and Activities
Kids at GGGA spend all day doing activities. They don’t stop!
This is an example of the daily schedule that they have at the camp:
The kids practice golf for 7 hours a day in 3 phases (the technical, the physical and mental phase), but that's not all, at the end of their day of training, the camp organizes a series of evening activities so that the kids don't stop having fun until bedtime.
Within the facilities, the fun also continues. There are also activities such as board games, movie nights, videogame sessions or if they prefer, they can go to the pool. It is impossible to be bored at GGGA!
During the weekends, excursions are also organized for those students who want to have fun outside of the camp facilities.
Some of these excursions are:
- Walt Disney World
- Universal Studios
- Busch Gardens
- Sea World
Sport and fun go hand in hand at this camp, dare to live this unique experience and meet people from all over the world while you improve your golf level.
The kids will be able to leave the camp to play mini golf, go bowling or to the movies.
Accommodations and Monitors
The kids stay inside of the camp facilities. Apartments are of the highest quality. They are located in a safe environment and have all the comforts needed for the rest and relaxation of the students.
Each apartment is equipped with wifi and cable tv, they have modern appliances, such as washing machine and dryer, and they live with the monitors who supervise them at all times and are responsible for creating a fun and family atmosphere. So that they can feel at home!
The rooms are single or shared.
GGGA in Florida camp Accommodation
Distance between facilities
The GGA camp has an excellent golf course, recently redesigned, with 16 bunkers, 2 putting greens, 2 chipping greens, 4 Target greens.
Prices & Dates
These courses are subject to a registration fee of 165.
The official rate of this camp is determined in US DOLLARS, so the final amount in EUROS may vary slightly due to the fluctuation of both currencies.
Included in the price
- 7 hours a day of training
- Video-analysis of the swing of the student
- Design of a specific development program
- Sportswear kit
- Two tournaments
- Full room and board accommodation in the magnificent terraced houses at the camp
- Recreational activities (daily on the premises)
Not included in the price
- The flight is not included, must be arranged by the parents. The nearest airport is located in Orlando. If you want to escort service during the flight you should contact the airline desired to request this service
- The excursions and camp outings: children have the opportunity to leave the camp to have fun during the week or go on excursions on the weekends. Not all the students want this service, so it is not included in the price. The kids wishing to perform activities or excursions outside of the facilities will have to pay for their cost
- The meals for the weekend that take place during the camp outings due to any excursion
- The transfer
This service consists in a camp monitor being responsible for the transfer of the kids from the camp to the Orlando airport and vice versa. It is an optional service because parents who so wish may personally escort their children to the camp.
Through an international insurance company, we offer two different types of insurance:
Camp cancellation insurance
If you want to rest assured that you can recover your money in the event that your child is unable to attend the camp because of unforeseen circumstances - our cancellation insurance policy may be of interest to you. More information here
We also offer a travel insurance policy that also includes medical assistance. Details of the full policy coverage can be found here
Steps to make a reservation for the camp
- Step 1: Make a payment of 50% of the total cost of the program. (If you reserve after May 31st, you must pay 100% of the cost of the program to reserve.)
- Step 2: Turn in the required documents duly completed.
Once you have completed steps 1 and 2, we’ll send you a confirmation of your reservation.
Once you have received the confirmation, you can buy your transportation tickets. If you have reserved the transfer service, be sure to send us an email regarding the details of your trip so we can successfully transport you to the camp.